Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Skyrim: My Death Knight

In an earlier post, I mentioned my Death Knight build on Skyrim. I figured I would take a few posts and let you see how I was maximizing my builds for different classes. So, I will tell you what I built, and why.

Death Knight

This class takes a level 60 character to build.

Smithing:
   I took all the heavy armor smithing perks, all the way up to dragon armor. For this character, you really only need up to Ebony, but you're going to have a lot of extra dragon bones/scales that you can make armor with and sell, so I took them.

Heavy Armor:
   I took all five Juggernaut perks, to get my armor up.
   Well Fitted to get my armor even higher.
   Tower of Strength just to get to the next tier of perks.
   Matching set for another armor bonus.
   Reflect blows, because 10% less damage done to you and inflicted on the enemy is a nice little trade.

Block:
   I took just one Shield Wall, just to get to the next tiers.
   Deflect Arrows, to stop arrows, obviously.
   Elemental Protection, as 50% elemental resist plus your gear resistances can make you invincible while blocking some dragons.

One Handed:
   All five Armsman and all three Bladesman, to maximize your damage potential.

Speech:
   All five haggling, simply because you have the points, and better prices gets you more money to buy the things you need.

Restoration:
   The goal here is simply to unlock Avoid Death, so to get it, I needed to take Novice Restoration and Recovery. With points left over, I am going to get the second Recovery. Extra Magicka regen is always nice for tight situations.

Conjuration:
   Work your way up to Twin souls through the Necromancy tree. You can then have two zombies and they will be more powerful. (Tip: Get the "Dead Thrall" spell at the college of magic for permanent zombies.You have to have at least 90 in Conjuration to do the questline.)

Alteration:
   Apprentice, Adept, and Expert, to unlock what we really want.
   All three Magic Resistance, for obvious reasons.
   Atronach, to absorb Magicka, and assist with casting costs.

With the extra points, I am going to get some destruction magic (Frost, like the Lich King), and some more speech and then some Alchemy, as strong potions are always nice.

Have fun!

   - Sapper Woody

No comments:

Post a Comment