Tuesday, January 31, 2012

An annoying Skyrim Glitch, and the Fix

So, I was doing good, making my Death Knight class. He is amazing, but that's another story for another time.

Basically, I joined the college of magic, and had a student test spells on me. The game glitched, and I was invisible! At least, I couldn't see myself. But everyone else could. All that had happened was I didn't have a character model anymore. It was so annoying, especially since I spent the thousands of septims to make my ebony armor and look the part of a death knight.

I searched online, and could only find a fix for the PC version, which was basically to enter the console and enter a command to change your character model.

However, I finally tried the shout "Become Ethereal" and it made me actually invisible. Once it wore of, I was back to normal. Pretty disappointing, Bethesda!

  - Sapper Woody

2 comments:

  1. Bugs happen. We move on. At least it wasn't a game breaker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, definitely wasn't a game breaker, but it was almost a deal breaker, as since I was trying to do the whole "Death Knight" thing, I wanted to look the part too. Can't look the part if you're invisible!

      I got over it though. If my first game had no glitches, then and only then will I start to demean other games missed bugs. Unless of course the game is too glitchy to play. Then I'll tell everyone and recommend they don't get it.

      Delete