Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Weird Links to My Site

So, I was doing some research on the sites that bring people to my blog. Most people who come here (over 25%, actually) come to visit my Skyrim Death Knight page. In fact, if you google "Skyrim Death Knight", my blog is on the first page of google now! I have received almost 20% of my total pageviews since posting that page.

What was interesting to me though, is that sometimes I get refers from websites that are totally unrelated to my blog. My latest was from babybackpack.com. Interestingly (thought unsurprisingly) enough, there are no links to my site on that webpage. I am pretty sure it is some type of linking campaign through automated programming. But, if it brings me visitors and gets my website higher on the google rankings, I'm fine with it. It's just odd sometimes. I've even had links from weightlifting websites.

Well, I'm working on a new strategy guide, the art of "kiting". Seems to be a lost art, although very effective when used correctly. Look for it later this week, or even later on today.

   - Woody

No comments:

Post a Comment