Thursday, June 9, 2011

09June11 Update: Selection and Deployment

Well, for those of you who don't know, I just got back from SFAS, or "Special Forces Assessment and Selection". I didn't do so well. I didn't get selected this time. But, I plan on trying again in a year or so.

On my way out of Ft Bragg, I had to stay in a hotel off of post, due to no vacancies in the hotel on post. Because of jet lag (and possible Mountain Dew overdose!), I couldn't sleep well that night. So I took a walk. When I came back to my room, a guy came around a corner with a steak knife in one hand, and demanded I give him my wallet. I started to comply, but for some reason or another, the guy decided to try and cut me anyway. he was partially successful, and now I have a nice cut on my face that makes me look like Seifer from Final Fantasy 8. But cutting me made me mad. He didn't walk away with my wallet that night. But he did walk away with a broken nose, a dislocated elbow, and possibly a fractured rib.

I got home to talk to my unit, and as it turns out I will be deploying to Afghanistan shortly. Probably before the fall. Obviously, I can't put dates on here, due to OpSec (Operational Security). Hopefully, I will be able to continue posting threads from Afghanistan. My plan is to start a new segment about the deployment, and life in Afghanistan.

In other news, I am working on my second World of Warcraft Parody. It's recorded, and I am just waiting on some sound bits from a couple friends before I put a quick video and post it to YouTube. I found out that YouTube counts all the views from an embedded video, so I will also be embedding the video here in my blog.

   - Sapper Woody

No comments:

Post a Comment